Unit 6: Kinetics
Learning Objectives for Unit 6 is located here.
Speed it up or SLOW DOWN! How quickly (or not so quickly) a reaction proceeds and the factors that influence it is referred to the study of chemical kinetics. To be discussed: rates of reactions, integrated rate law, differential rate law, and half life.
How to Solve 🆘Complete List of Sample Problems below.
Determining Reaction Rates
Rate Laws and Order of a Reaction
Determining Rate Laws from Rate vs. Concentration Data (Differential Rate Law)
Using Integrated Rate Laws
- How long does it take to react?
- What concentration remains after a given time?
- What was the initial concentration
- Determining a half life
- Converting a half life to a rate constant
- Graphical relations and half lives